- Posti’s sustainability performance is deserving of a gold medal. Posti was awarded gold-level recognition by the international EcoVadis network for its sustainability performance in 2015. EcoVadis is a responsible sourcing network for buyers and suppliers. It includes 25,000 suppliers representing 150 different industries and 110 countries. The system assesses and scores the overall sustainability performance of suppliers annually in the areas of environmental responsibility, social responsibility, business ethics and sustainable sourcing.
- Posti launched regular Q&A with the CEO events in March. Aimed at all personnel, the events feature members of the Executive Board answering questions from personnel on any topic related to Posti. Feedback, ideas, suggested solutions and discussions are also welcome in addition to questions.
- Improving safety at work – Posti’s early-morning delivery personnel received new slip-resistant cold-weather shoes for the winter. While safety at work comes down to more than just shoes, using appropriate footwear is a significant factor in safety. The most typical accident suffered by early-morning delivery personnel is slipping and tripping in staircases.
- The Society's Commitment to Sustainable Development is a long-term vision for the future of Finland – “The Finland we want in 2050”. Participants in the initiative make actionable commitments to support the achievement of the shared goals stated in the Society’s Commitment to Sustainable Development. Posti's goal is to reduce absolute carbon-dioxide emissions by 30 percent by 2020 (compared to 2007). The commitment also supports the UN sustainable development goal of taking urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts (SDG 13).
- Posti organized the Busting the Myths of Foreign Talent seminar in May in cooperation with the FIBS Diversity Network. The rapidly changing postal and logistics industry will see a growing need for diverse and international talents. Posti’s employees in Finland already represent more than 80 different nationalities.
- The Association for Finnish Work granted Posti Ltd membership in the association and the right to use the Key Flag symbol.
- All of Posti’s services in Finland are carbon neutral Posti Green services that generate no emissions for customers. The product-specific Posti Green calculation process and customer reporting was verified by a third party in summer 2016.
- Posti provided summer jobs to approximately 2,500 people across Finland. The majority of the summer workers were employed in mail and publication delivery operations. As in previous years, Posti again participated in the national Responsible Summer Job campaign.
- When new stamps are issued, the first day of issue is celebrated at the Vapriikki Museum Center in Tampere. Collectors come to the event to pick up the first day’s postmark for their items bearing the new stamps and to buy other philatelic products. On September 9, WWF Finland joined Posti to celebrate the first day of issue of the new Endangered animals stamps, which were produced in cooperation between Posti and WWF with the aim of increasing awareness of endangered animals and their protection.
- Posti’s representatives Arimo Siren and Juhani Vuola won gold at the IPC Drivers’ Challenge organized by the International Post Corporation in Belgium. Posti also won the competition in the previous year. The Drivers’ Challenge is part of the sustainable development program launched by IPC in 2009.
- Home Services won gold in the New Business Diversification of the Year category in a competition organized by Postal Technology International. The competition had seven categories in total, with the category won by Posti’s Home Services receiving a particularly large number of proposals.
- Posti launched a Specialist Qualification in Management focused on occupational safety management in 2016. The first batch completed the program in November 2016 and the second batch will start in spring 2017. The advantages of the program include the opportunity for participants to obtain a vocational qualification as well as results that are reflected throughout the work community.